Thursday, November 18, 2010

World Diabetes Day was Sunday

I haven't posted as often in the last week because I've been pretty busy. And the kids have been crazy cakes. Kai cut tooth #2 and Mia's blood sugar has seen better days. She's been toughing out an on again, off again ear infection/stomach flu and taking antibiotics twice daily. It's driving Pete and I INSANE to see her numbers mostly in the 200s and 300s. Why. Why. Why. This scares me to think what it's doing to her A1C. I hate diabetes. And this past Sunday, Nov 14 was World Diabetes Day. Pete asked me what we should do that day, and honestly, to say this as delicately as possible, I just wanted to give diabetes the middle finger. I just want it to leave us alone already, to just let us be. To just let Mia feel as good as she should be.

2 comments:

Leighann of D-Mom Blog said...

I recently added you to my blogroll and gave you a shout out: http://www.d-mom.com/d-blogging-new-kids-on-the-block/

I hope you'll consider reciprocating :)

Marisa said...

Thank you! Love your blog, your writing style. I will definitely include you on my blogroll (need to organize one, lol). Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Post a Comment